KENOSHA, Wis. - Two men are dead in a shooting incident in the back yard of a home in Kenosha.
Police Chief John Morrissey said one victim died at the scene of the shootings, which happened about 5 p.m. Friday, while the second died shortly afterward at Kenosha Medical Center.
Edward Herrera, who lives across the street, tells the Kenosha News that one of the victims was his nephew, 21-year-old Zachary Hernandez. He says his nephew knocked on his front door just before the shootings, but he didn't have time to answer before Hernandez and the other man were gunned down.
Police have not identified the other victim.
Neighborhood residents told the newspaper they heard shots and saw two suspects flee the scene.
There were no immediate arrests. The investigation is continuing.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say