KENOSHA, Wis. - Two men are dead in a shooting incident in the back yard of a home in Kenosha.
Police Chief John Morrissey said one victim died at the scene of the shootings, which happened about 5 p.m. Friday, while the second died shortly afterward at Kenosha Medical Center.
Edward Herrera, who lives across the street, tells the Kenosha News that one of the victims was his nephew, 21-year-old Zachary Hernandez. He says his nephew knocked on his front door just before the shootings, but he didn't have time to answer before Hernandez and the other man were gunned down.
Police have not identified the other victim.
Neighborhood residents told the newspaper they heard shots and saw two suspects flee the scene.
There were no immediate arrests. The investigation is continuing.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry