OSHKOSH, Wis. - Authorities say a man and a woman apparently shot themselves to death during a standoff on a busy highway in Winnebago County.
Oshkosh police identify the two as 29-year-old Randy Lamb and 28-year-old Ashley Luka, both of Neenah.
WLUK-TV reports officials say Lamb matches the description of a man who robbed a liquor store in Vinland earlier Wednesday.
Authorities say the clothes Lamb was wearing and the gun he had match what was seen on surveillance video at the liquor store.
The robbery happened around 3:50 p.m. Wednesday. Officers spotted Lamb and Luka speeding away and tried to stop them. That's when the standoff on Highway 41 began.
About 6 p.m. officers heard two gunshots coming from the car. Deputies found the two dead.
No officers fired their weapons.
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan