OSHKOSH, Wis. - Authorities say a man and a woman apparently shot themselves to death during a standoff on a busy highway in Winnebago County.
Oshkosh police identify the two as 29-year-old Randy Lamb and 28-year-old Ashley Luka, both of Neenah.
WLUK-TV reports officials say Lamb matches the description of a man who robbed a liquor store in Vinland earlier Wednesday.
Authorities say the clothes Lamb was wearing and the gun he had match what was seen on surveillance video at the liquor store.
The robbery happened around 3:50 p.m. Wednesday. Officers spotted Lamb and Luka speeding away and tried to stop them. That's when the standoff on Highway 41 began.
About 6 p.m. officers heard two gunshots coming from the car. Deputies found the two dead.
No officers fired their weapons.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land