NEW GLARUS TOWNSHIP, Wis. - Green County officials responded to a two-vehicle head-on crash around 2:10 p.m. Thursday, according to a release.
Green County Sheriff's deputies responded to the crash on State Highway 69 near Exeter Crossing Road in New Glarus Township, according to the release.
Officials said an initial investigation indicated an automobile drive by an adult male was southbound on State Highway 69 when it crossed the center line and collided head-on with a northbound van, also driven by an adult male.
The crash heavily damaged both vehicles and both drivers were pronounced dead at the scene by the Green County Coroner, according to the release.
Officials said the drivers were the only occupants of both vehicles.
The Wisconsin State Patrol completed an accident reconstruction and State Highway 69 was closed for several hours as traffic was rerouted, according to the release.
Officials are attempting to determine if there were other factors, other than operating left of center that contributed to the crash.
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees