NEW GLARUS TOWNSHIP, Wis. - Green County officials responded to a two-vehicle head-on crash around 2:10 p.m. Thursday, according to a release.
Green County Sheriff's deputies responded to the crash on State Highway 69 near Exeter Crossing Road in New Glarus Township, according to the release.
Officials said an initial investigation indicated an automobile drive by an adult male was southbound on State Highway 69 when it crossed the center line and collided head-on with a northbound van, also driven by an adult male.
The crash heavily damaged both vehicles and both drivers were pronounced dead at the scene by the Green County Coroner, according to the release.
Officials said the drivers were the only occupants of both vehicles.
The Wisconsin State Patrol completed an accident reconstruction and State Highway 69 was closed for several hours as traffic was rerouted, according to the release.
Officials are attempting to determine if there were other factors, other than operating left of center that contributed to the crash.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say