NEW GLARUS TOWNSHIP, Wis. - Green County officials responded to a two-vehicle head-on crash around 2:10 p.m. Thursday, according to a release.
Green County Sheriff's deputies responded to the crash on State Highway 69 near Exeter Crossing Road in New Glarus Township, according to the release.
Officials said an initial investigation indicated an automobile drive by an adult male was southbound on State Highway 69 when it crossed the center line and collided head-on with a northbound van, also driven by an adult male.
The crash heavily damaged both vehicles and both drivers were pronounced dead at the scene by the Green County Coroner, according to the release.
Officials said the drivers were the only occupants of both vehicles.
The Wisconsin State Patrol completed an accident reconstruction and State Highway 69 was closed for several hours as traffic was rerouted, according to the release.
Officials are attempting to determine if there were other factors, other than operating left of center that contributed to the crash.
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US
- Review: MSO, APT craft annual 'Beyond the Score' concert
- Pickup truck, car fall through ice on 2 Dodge County lakes
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion