HOLCOMBE, Wis. - Authorities say two people have died, a third is missing and five others are injured in a mobile home fire in Chippewa County.
Sheriff's officials said Friday the bodies of two people have been recovered from the fire north of Holcombe and a third person is unaccounted for.
The Eau Claire Leader-Telegram reported the five survivors include four adults and a 2-year-old child. They were taken by helicopter to various hospitals.
Undersheriff Eugene Gutsch said the fire appears to have started in a wood frame addition to the trailer home.
The trailer home is on Highway M, northeast of Holcombe. Sheriff's deputies have closed a portion of Highway M.
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash