HOLCOMBE, Wis. - Authorities say two people have died, a third is missing and five others are injured in a mobile home fire in Chippewa County.
Sheriff's officials said Friday the bodies of two people have been recovered from the fire north of Holcombe and a third person is unaccounted for.
The Eau Claire Leader-Telegram reported the five survivors include four adults and a 2-year-old child. They were taken by helicopter to various hospitals.
Undersheriff Eugene Gutsch said the fire appears to have started in a wood frame addition to the trailer home.
The trailer home is on Highway M, northeast of Holcombe. Sheriff's deputies have closed a portion of Highway M.
- Suspected serial thief steals again, police say
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Man scammed out of $4,300 by person claiming to be grandson
- Man stabs girlfriend in neck with scissors, police say
- Fremont woman accused in boyfriend's fatal stabbing is acquitted
- East Towne Mall employee attacked, robbed