HOLCOMBE, Wis. - Authorities say two people have died, a third is missing and five others are injured in a mobile home fire in Chippewa County.
Sheriff's officials said Friday the bodies of two people have been recovered from the fire north of Holcombe and a third person is unaccounted for.
The Eau Claire Leader-Telegram reported the five survivors include four adults and a 2-year-old child. They were taken by helicopter to various hospitals.
Undersheriff Eugene Gutsch said the fire appears to have started in a wood frame addition to the trailer home.
The trailer home is on Highway M, northeast of Holcombe. Sheriff's deputies have closed a portion of Highway M.
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two