HOLCOMBE, Wis. - Authorities say two people have died, a third is missing and five others are injured in a mobile home fire in Chippewa County.
Sheriff's officials said Friday the bodies of two people have been recovered from the fire north of Holcombe and a third person is unaccounted for.
The Eau Claire Leader-Telegram reported the five survivors include four adults and a 2-year-old child. They were taken by helicopter to various hospitals.
Undersheriff Eugene Gutsch said the fire appears to have started in a wood frame addition to the trailer home.
The trailer home is on Highway M, northeast of Holcombe. Sheriff's deputies have closed a portion of Highway M.
- Detectives seek help identifying burglar in surveillance pics
- Bill would limit influence of unions on public project bids
- Dane County inmate who was AWOL 10 days back in custody
- Lawmaker wants Milwaukee County sheriff removed
- State Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- 3 adults, 1 child fall through ice on Sauk County lake