OSHKOSH, Wis. - The U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration has cited two Wisconsin construction companies in a deadly crane collapse near Oshkosh last summer.
It happened on July 5 at the construction site on Highway 41 over the Lake Butte des Morts causeway. A 35-year-old construction worker from Green Bay was killed and the crane operator was injured.
WLUK-TV reports OSHA said Lunda Construction of Black River Falls faces six violations and a proposed $105,000 fine. Choice Construction of Menomonee Falls faces four citations and a potential $13,220 fine.
Both companies have 15 business days to comply, request an informal conference or contest the findings.
Lunda corporate counsel Josh Swanson had no comment. Choice owner Brian Mitchell said his company hasn't had enough time yet to decide what to do.
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday