PORTAGE, Wis. - Two men face reckless homicide charges in Portage County after a 17-year-old died of a heroin overdose.
A criminal complaint states the teen, Jacob Adler, and Lars Atkinson, 18, of Lodi went to Madison July 12 to buy drugs. They gave Milton Moore, 22, of Fitchburg, $75 for a half gram of heroin. After injecting themselves with heroin, Atkinson and Adler returned to Lodi.
The complaint states Atkinson told police he put Adler, who was asleep, on a couch and tried to wake him up. He then dragged him to an upstairs bedroom. When he awoke the next morning, Atkinson again tried to wake Adler, then dragged him to the patio.
Prosecutors said Atkinson brushed off an offer for help from two city workers. The State Journal reported those workers called emergency responders.
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral