PORTAGE, Wis. - Two men face reckless homicide charges in Columbia County after a 17-year-old died of a heroin overdose.
A criminal complaint says the teen, Jacob Adler, and 18-year-old Lars Atkinson, of Lodi went to Madison July 12 to buy drugs. They gave 22-year-old Milton Moore, of Fitchburg, $75 for a-half gram of heroin. After injecting themselves with heroin, Atkinson and Adler returned to Lodi.
The complaint says Atkinson told police he put Adler, who was asleep, on a couch and tried to wake him up. The complaint also says he then dragged him to an upstairs bedroom. When he awoke the next morning, Atkinson again tried to wake Adler, then dragged him to the patio.
Prosecutors say Atkinson brushed off an offer for help from two city workers. The State Journal says those workers called emergency responders.
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field
- Gun pointed at driver during road rage incident, deputies say
- Wisconsin family rescued from wave that throws them into tide pool
- New Zealand: Janesville doctor must pay for deadly crash
- Police: Crash leads to 4th OWI arrest
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street