WEST ALLIS, Wis. - Two boys have died in a duplex fire in the Milwaukee suburb of West Allis.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported three brothers and a friend were alone in the upper level of the duplex when it caught fire early Sunday. Two of the brothers survived, while one brother and a friend did not.
The boys who escaped were taken to Children's Hospital of Wisconsin in Wauwatosa but did not appear to be seriously hurt.
Police said the fire was reported shortly after 3:30 a.m.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation. Authorities have not released the names of the victims.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns