TOWN OF CASSIAN, Wis. - Authorities have found two bodies in the ruins of a large house destroyed by fire in rural Oneida County.
Crews were called just before 4:30 a.m. Tuesday to the house about 20 miles west of Rhinelander. When firefighters arrived, they found the house engulfed in flames.
Sheriff's Lt. Lloyd Gauthier said authorities believe the couple who lived at the home may have died in the fire. Their vehicles were found in the garage, but the husband and wife could not be found.
During their investigation, authorities found two human remains in the house. Autopsies are being scheduled.
The state fire marshal's office is helping local authorities investigate.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire