COLUMBUS, Wis. - Columbus police arrested two people Monday who are believed to be involved in recent burglaries in Dodge County and Columbus, according to a release.
Officials said Columbus police received a report from a resident about suspicious activity on South Birdsey Street around 11 a.m.
An officer conducted a traffic stop of a vehicle matching the description given by the caller, according to the release. The 21-year-old female driver and 32-year-old male passenger, both of Juneau, were taken into custody on suspicion of burglary.
The two people arrested face multiple charges of burglary and attempted burglary, officials said. Columbus police also expect to refer charges of burglary to the Columbia County District Attorney's Office.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart