MADISON, Wis. - Police have arrested two men in connection with a violent September robbery on Madison's west side.
Police said Tawan Miller, 31, and Kenneth Haynes Jr., 22, were arrested Wednesday night in connection with an armed purse-snatching in the victim's own driveway.
Police said on Sept. 2 that a 54-year-old woman and a 58-year-old man were returning to their home on the 3000 block of Jason Place about 12:26 a.m.
As the woman was driving the vehicle into her garage, a man with a gun confronted her at the driver's-side window and demanded money, according to the report. The man grabbed for her purse and the two struggled. The robber made off with her bag.
The other robber went to the passenger side of the car and punched the second victim repeatedly, police said.
According to the report, Miller was tentatively charged with armed robbery and burglary. Haynes was tentatively charged with party to armed robbery and party to burglary.
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday
- Dane County to acquire 130 acres along Yahara River
- 4 juveniles suspected of damaging maliboxes in rural Portage, Pardeeville areas
- 2 on moped injured in downtown Madison crash, officials say
- Baldwin encourages U.S. Dept. of Ag secretary to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers