JANESVILLE, Wis. - Two 21 year olds have been arrested in connection with a recent string of burglaries and thefts in the Janesville area, according to a release.
Police said numerous burglaries and thefts from vehicles have been reported on the north and east sides of Janesville during the past two months.
Derek J. Sturdevant, 21, was arrested on tentative charges of burglary, criminal damage to property and three counts of theft for robbing the Stop-N-Go on Monday, according to the release. Sturdevant confessed to the burglary and to stealing from vehicles on Janesville's east side.
Jeremy R. Green, 21, was arrested on tentative charges of receiving stolen property, two counts of felony bail jumping, misdemeanor bail jumping, and possession of drug paraphernalia after an investigation into a string of burglaries and theft from motor vehicles.
Officials remind residents to remove valuables from their vehicles and to keep vehicles locked.
According to the release, burglars are targeting open garage doors and windows to gain entry.
Police said foreign currency was recovered as part of the investigation, and ask if anyone has had foreign money stolen recently to call Det. Kyle Austin at 608-755-3143.
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan