JANESVILLE, Wis. - Two 21 year olds have been arrested in connection with a recent string of burglaries and thefts in the Janesville area, according to a release.
Police said numerous burglaries and thefts from vehicles have been reported on the north and east sides of Janesville during the past two months.
Derek J. Sturdevant, 21, was arrested on tentative charges of burglary, criminal damage to property and three counts of theft for robbing the Stop-N-Go on Monday, according to the release. Sturdevant confessed to the burglary and to stealing from vehicles on Janesville's east side.
Jeremy R. Green, 21, was arrested on tentative charges of receiving stolen property, two counts of felony bail jumping, misdemeanor bail jumping, and possession of drug paraphernalia after an investigation into a string of burglaries and theft from motor vehicles.
Officials remind residents to remove valuables from their vehicles and to keep vehicles locked.
According to the release, burglars are targeting open garage doors and windows to gain entry.
Police said foreign currency was recovered as part of the investigation, and ask if anyone has had foreign money stolen recently to call Det. Kyle Austin at 608-755-3143.
- Winter weather could slow Wednesday commute
- $1M lottery ticket sold in Madison expires soon
- Men to be without safe, sober home with no live-in manager
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- Multiple reports of gunshots heard in Madison Sunday night
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue