BOSCOBEL, Wis. - Gundersen Health System and Boscobel Area Health Care announced Wednesday they have entered into an affiliation.
The affiliation will allow patients to continue to receive health care close to home, according to a release.
The new health care entity, Gunderson Boscobel Area Hospital and Clinics, will be effective Oct. 1, according to the release.
Officials said Boscobel Area Health Care entered into a management agreement with Gundersen in June 2012 and the formal affiliation is the next step in the process of developing the new health care delivery system for patients in the Boscobel region.
"We are pleased to be taking our relationship with Gundersen to the next level," David Hartberg, CEO of Boscobel Area Health Care, said in the release. "Gundersen is a nationally recognized leader in healthcare who also understands rural healthcare and the needs of rural hospitals and clinics."
For more information on other Gundersen affiliations click here.
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets