BOSCOBEL, Wis. - Gundersen Health System and Boscobel Area Health Care announced Wednesday they have entered into an affiliation.
The affiliation will allow patients to continue to receive health care close to home, according to a release.
The new health care entity, Gunderson Boscobel Area Hospital and Clinics, will be effective Oct. 1, according to the release.
Officials said Boscobel Area Health Care entered into a management agreement with Gundersen in June 2012 and the formal affiliation is the next step in the process of developing the new health care delivery system for patients in the Boscobel region.
"We are pleased to be taking our relationship with Gundersen to the next level," David Hartberg, CEO of Boscobel Area Health Care, said in the release. "Gundersen is a nationally recognized leader in healthcare who also understands rural healthcare and the needs of rural hospitals and clinics."
For more information on other Gundersen affiliations click here.
- Lack of sand for roads prompts Wisconsin Dells school closure, official says
- Mother, missing children could be in Black Hills
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash injures 3
- Man arrested on suspicion of 4th OWI
- Former president George H.W. Bush hospitalized
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later