MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man allegedly took a 19-year-old's cellphone and displayed a handgun in downtown Madison Friday night, Madison police said.
Officers responded to a report of an armed robbery at 627 Mendota Court around 11:15 p.m., according to a release.
The 19-year-old told police a man approached him and asked to use his cellphone. Initially he refused, but changed his mind and gave the man his phone, police said.
Once the man got the phone he displayed a handgun and fled the area with accomplices, according to a release.
The suspected robber was later identified as Quinton L. Peake, 21, and was later located and arrested, police said.Madison crime map
- 30 missing after avalanche buries Italian hotel
- One injured after stabbing in Madison
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Missing Marathon County man found safe
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth