MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man allegedly took a 19-year-old's cellphone and displayed a handgun in downtown Madison Friday night, Madison police said.
Officers responded to a report of an armed robbery at 627 Mendota Court around 11:15 p.m., according to a release.
The 19-year-old told police a man approached him and asked to use his cellphone. Initially he refused, but changed his mind and gave the man his phone, police said.
Once the man got the phone he displayed a handgun and fled the area with accomplices, according to a release.
The suspected robber was later identified as Quinton L. Peake, 21, and was later located and arrested, police said.Madison crime map
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday