MADISON, Wis. - A 19-year-old woman was hit by a car while walking in a crosswalk near Madison College on Monday morning, police said.
The woman was in the crosswalk on Anderson Street at Hoffman Street around 8:20 a.m. when 41-year-old Rachel L. Marks, of Madison, ran a red light and hit her, according to a release. Marks reportedly sped off after the crash.
The 19-year-old suffered a leg injury, officials said.
Witnesses were able to give police enough information that officers were able to find the car and Marks, according to the release.
Marks was cited for hit-and-run, not having a driver's license, red signal violation, suspended registration and for not having insurance.
- Consumer Reports: Is identity theft insurance worth it?
- Whitewater High School evacuated because of suspicious package
- PD: Someone opened fire on officers who responded to suspicious vehicle report
- 24-year-old Cuba City woman struck, killed pedestrian on Iowa road
- Woman struck, killed walking on highway, deputies say
- Country star Willie Nelson to perform in Madison in June