MADISON, Wis. - A 19-year-old woman was hit by a car while walking in a crosswalk near Madison College on Monday morning, police said.
The woman was in the crosswalk on Anderson Street at Hoffman Street around 8:20 a.m. when 41-year-old Rachel L. Marks, of Madison, ran a red light and hit her, according to a release. Marks reportedly sped off after the crash.
The 19-year-old suffered a leg injury, officials said.
Witnesses were able to give police enough information that officers were able to find the car and Marks, according to the release.
Marks was cited for hit-and-run, not having a driver's license, red signal violation, suspended registration and for not having insurance.
- All Iowa County roads reported as ice covered, hazardous
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need