MADISON, Wis. - A 19-year-old woman was hit by a car while walking in a crosswalk near Madison College on Monday morning, police said.
The woman was in the crosswalk on Anderson Street at Hoffman Street around 8:20 a.m. when 41-year-old Rachel L. Marks, of Madison, ran a red light and hit her, according to a release. Marks reportedly sped off after the crash.
The 19-year-old suffered a leg injury, officials said.
Witnesses were able to give police enough information that officers were able to find the car and Marks, according to the release.
Marks was cited for hit-and-run, not having a driver's license, red signal violation, suspended registration and for not having insurance.
- Janesville police investigate first homicide since 2014
- Study shows Wisconsin poverty rate reached new low in 2015
- Jerry Kramer joins honor flight trip to help Vietnam veterans
- Brat Fest carnival to close early Sunday after late night fights
- Car rolls over into residential home's front lawn
- Fort Atkinson man arrested for sixth OWI