JANESVILLE, Wis. - Police said a Janesville man was charged with sexual assault of a child after Janesville police located a Milwaukee runaway at his home.
The Janesville Police Department said officers had visited 19-year-old Richard Rucks' home on the 100 block of Ridge Creek Drive Wednesday afternoon at the request of Milwaukee police.
According to the report, Milwaukee police were looking for a 12-year-old runaway. Janesville officers found the 12-year-old girl with Rucks at about 1:30 p.m. The girl told police she met Rucks over an Internet dating site. While the two were together, they engaged in sexual intercourse numerous times, police said.
Rucks was arrested on suspicion of first-degree sexual assault of a child. Rucks was taken to Rock County Jail.
The 12-year-old girl was returned to family members.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes