MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said a 19-year-old driver was arrested on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while under the influence after he crashed into a parked car Wednesday night.
Police said passers-by came to the aid of Cameron W. McCain, of Madison, after he crashed his car into a vehicle parked in the 200 block of Walter Street just before 10 p.m.
A 14-year-old passenger in the car wasn't injured, but citizens found the driver unconscious, according to a Madison Police Department incident report.
One citizen turned McCain's car off as police and paramedics arrived, police said.
McCain came to and made a number of statements including: "I've been drinking all day. I know I've been drinking. I know I've put innocent lives in danger," according to the incident report.
He was checked out at a hospital and then taken to jail, where his breath alcohol sample registered at 0.155 percent, Madison police said.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart