MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said a 19-year-old driver was arrested on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while under the influence after he crashed into a parked car Wednesday night.
Police said passers-by came to the aid of Cameron W. McCain, of Madison, after he crashed his car into a vehicle parked in the 200 block of Walter Street just before 10 p.m.
A 14-year-old passenger in the car wasn't injured, but citizens found the driver unconscious, according to a Madison Police Department incident report.
One citizen turned McCain's car off as police and paramedics arrived, police said.
McCain came to and made a number of statements including: "I've been drinking all day. I know I've been drinking. I know I've put innocent lives in danger," according to the incident report.
He was checked out at a hospital and then taken to jail, where his breath alcohol sample registered at 0.155 percent, Madison police said.
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need