MADISON, Wis. - A 19-year-old University of Wisconsin student has been arrested after allegedly sexually assaulting a woman in her dorm room, police said.
The woman contacted the UW Police Department on Saturday to report that she had been sexually assaulted on May 2, according to a release. She told police she was in her residence hall in the southeastern part of campus when Douglas Gill entered her room and sexually assaulted her.
Police said the woman thought Gill had been drinking alcohol and snorting cocaine before the assault.
Investigators arrested Gill within a few hours on tentative charges of third-degree sexual assault and false imprisonment.Madison crime map
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 Janesville motorcyclists
- Man accused in deadly wrong-way I-94 wreck not competent, judge says
- Woman inappropriately touched at dance class on UW campus, police say
- Black Hawk Middle School principal resigns
- Man who was high driving school bus sentenced
- Company says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline