MADISON, Wis. - A 19-year-old University of Wisconsin student has been arrested after allegedly sexually assaulting a woman in her dorm room, police said.
The woman contacted the UW Police Department on Saturday to report that she had been sexually assaulted on May 2, according to a release. She told police she was in her residence hall in the southeastern part of campus when Douglas Gill entered her room and sexually assaulted her.
Police said the woman thought Gill had been drinking alcohol and snorting cocaine before the assault.
Investigators arrested Gill within a few hours on tentative charges of third-degree sexual assault and false imprisonment.Madison crime map
- Majority of Superior shipyard workers test positive for lead
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out