MILWAUKEE - An 18-year-old Milwaukee man has been sentenced to life in prison for the killing of a 15-year-old girl last year.
Judge Jeffrey Wagner sentenced Eduardo Ivanez on Thursday. The Journal Sentinel reported Ivanez won't be eligible for parole until he's 70.
A jury convicted Ivanez of first-degree intentional homicide for the death of Stephanie Romero. He also was found guilty of hiding a corpse, for hiding the victim's body in a crawlspace of an abandoned house.
According to the complaint, Ivanez, who was 17 at the time, and Romero had gone to the house last April. When other friends arrived, they found Romero on the floor bleeding from her mouth.
Ivanez stomped on Romero before one friend helped him carry Romero to a bathroom, where Ivanez then stabbed her.
- Man charged in fatal shooting of sheriff's deputy
- PD: Man hit in head, robbed during believed stereo equipment sale
- Wisconsin farmers could be affected by late cabinet pick
- Judge denies motions to dismiss 4 charges against Alec Cook
- MFD: 1 suffers minor injury in rollover crash on John Nolen Drive
- Woman accused of stabbing acquaintance turns herself in to police