MILWAUKEE - An 18-year-old Milwaukee man has been sentenced to life in prison for the killing of a 15-year-old girl last year.
Judge Jeffrey Wagner sentenced Eduardo Ivanez on Thursday. The Journal Sentinel reported Ivanez won't be eligible for parole until he's 70.
A jury convicted Ivanez of first-degree intentional homicide for the death of Stephanie Romero. He also was found guilty of hiding a corpse, for hiding the victim's body in a crawlspace of an abandoned house.
According to the complaint, Ivanez, who was 17 at the time, and Romero had gone to the house last April. When other friends arrived, they found Romero on the floor bleeding from her mouth.
Ivanez stomped on Romero before one friend helped him carry Romero to a bathroom, where Ivanez then stabbed her.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say