NEW HOLSTEIN, Wis. - The Calumet County Medical Examiner said an 18-year-old woman found outside a New Holstein home died of exposure to the cold.
But WLUK-TV reported that authorities are still investigating what led to the death of Monica Batts of New Holstein.
Her body was found outside the home Friday by the man who lives there. Investigators said Batts had been there at least six hours before she was discovered. The resident told authorities he did not know her.
Officials said Batts' body didn't have any visible signs of trauma. The public is not believed to be in any danger.
Deputies said they don't plan to say much more until toxicology test results come back in a few weeks.
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 Janesville motorcyclists
- Man accused in deadly wrong-way I-94 wreck not competent, judge says
- Woman inappropriately touched at dance class on UW campus, police say
- Black Hawk Middle School principal resigns
- Man who was high driving school bus sentenced
- Company says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline