NEW HOLSTEIN, Wis. - The Calumet County Medical Examiner said an 18-year-old woman found outside a New Holstein home died of exposure to the cold.
But WLUK-TV reported that authorities are still investigating what led to the death of Monica Batts of New Holstein.
Her body was found outside the home Friday by the man who lives there. Investigators said Batts had been there at least six hours before she was discovered. The resident told authorities he did not know her.
Officials said Batts' body didn't have any visible signs of trauma. The public is not believed to be in any danger.
Deputies said they don't plan to say much more until toxicology test results come back in a few weeks.
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need