NEW HOLSTEIN, Wis. - The Calumet County Medical Examiner said an 18-year-old woman found outside a New Holstein home died of exposure to the cold.
But WLUK-TV reported that authorities are still investigating what led to the death of Monica Batts of New Holstein.
Her body was found outside the home Friday by the man who lives there. Investigators said Batts had been there at least six hours before she was discovered. The resident told authorities he did not know her.
Officials said Batts' body didn't have any visible signs of trauma. The public is not believed to be in any danger.
Deputies said they don't plan to say much more until toxicology test results come back in a few weeks.
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees