MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man was taken to the hospital for injuries he sustained in a collision with a Madison Metro bus when he was biking, officials said.
The 18-year-old was in the bike lane on University Avenue around 1:07 p.m. when he stopped his bike to dismount so he could head over the curb at the intersection with North Mills Street, according to a release. The bike lane is just to the left of the bus lane.
He was wearing a hood that prevented him from seeing that a bus was coming as he moved to the right, officials said. As he moved to the right he collided with a Madison Metro bus and was temporarily knocked out.
Police believe his injuries were not serious but he was taken to a hospital as a precaution.
The collision is under investigation and no citations have been issued so far.
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Stoughton man faces felony 7th OWI
- Highway 151 closed near Blue Mounds due to semi vs. car crash
- Police, medical examiner respond to suspicious death
- Construction continues on Capitol Square; new traffic pattern starts May 1