MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man was taken to the hospital for injuries he sustained in a collision with a Madison Metro bus when he was biking, officials said.
The 18-year-old was in the bike lane on University Avenue around 1:07 p.m. when he stopped his bike to dismount so he could head over the curb at the intersection with North Mills Street, according to a release. The bike lane is just to the left of the bus lane.
He was wearing a hood that prevented him from seeing that a bus was coming as he moved to the right, officials said. As he moved to the right he collided with a Madison Metro bus and was temporarily knocked out.
Police believe his injuries were not serious but he was taken to a hospital as a precaution.
The collision is under investigation and no citations have been issued so far.
- Wisconsin school advocates pushing for more money
- Research indicates correct breast examination techniques are widely misunderstood
- Shell casings found downtown after shots fired call
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother