MADISON, Wis. - A Madison woman reportedly drove a van into a group of people, including children, after getting into a fight with another woman Monday night, Madison police said.
Police responded around 6:30 p.m. to reports of a dispute to the Dutch Mill Mobile Home Park in the 4700 block of Dutch Mill Road, according to a release.
Police said 18-year-old Alyssa A. Fields get into a van and drove recklessly at many other residents, including children.
Witnesses told officials Fields was accelerating quickly forward and backward, and was coming within several feet of hitting people, according to the release.
Police said Field did not hit anyone with the van, but she did hit some garbage cans, an electrical box, a parked car and a landscaping boulder.
According to the release, Field eventually hit a ladder, which prevented the van from moving forward.
Field told officers she was not trying to hurt anyone, and that people in the park were actually aggressing on her after the initial altercation, officials said. She said the original fight started with some hair pulling and fighting, and eventually ended when a man punched her.
Fields was arrested on tentative charges of first-degree reckless endangerment and disorderly conduct. She was also arrested for bail jumping.
- Richland Center man faces OWI, drug charges
- Four injured in early-morning shooting
- Crews battle roof fire at McFarland cold storage facility
- Janesville high school holds safety workshop for girls
- James Brown's 'Funky Drummer' Clyde Stubblefield dies at 73
- Despite warm temps, Winter Fest, Polar Plunge continue as scheduled