SMELSER TOWNSHIP, Wis. - A 16-year-old male Grant County driver was arrested early Sunday morning for eluding an officer, violation of absolute sobriety, and underage drinking.
According to a Grant County Sheriff's press release, at 2:05 a.m. Sunday, two Grant County deputies spotted a 2012 Chevrolet Malibu being driven erractically on County Town Hwy. H near Alt Rd. outside of Cuba City.
When the deputies tried to initiate a traffic stop, the driver of the vehicle sped up to a speed of over 80 mph.
When the driver reached the intersection of Alt Rd. and St. Rose Rd., he crashed into a patch of trees, causing "substantial damage" to the vehicle.
The driver was arrested on the three counts and his male passenger, also 16, was cited and released for underage drinking.
- Groups call for tax changes to free up $900M
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Judge properly moved teen into adult system to protect him
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Hundreds of thousands of candies blanket Dodge County road, sheriff says
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer