SMELSER TOWNSHIP, Wis. - A 16-year-old male Grant County driver was arrested early Sunday morning for eluding an officer, violation of absolute sobriety, and underage drinking.
According to a Grant County Sheriff's press release, at 2:05 a.m. Sunday, two Grant County deputies spotted a 2012 Chevrolet Malibu being driven erractically on County Town Hwy. H near Alt Rd. outside of Cuba City.
When the deputies tried to initiate a traffic stop, the driver of the vehicle sped up to a speed of over 80 mph.
When the driver reached the intersection of Alt Rd. and St. Rose Rd., he crashed into a patch of trees, causing "substantial damage" to the vehicle.
The driver was arrested on the three counts and his male passenger, also 16, was cited and released for underage drinking.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land