SMELSER TOWNSHIP, Wis. - A 16-year-old male Grant County driver was arrested early Sunday morning for eluding an officer, violation of absolute sobriety, and underage drinking.
According to a Grant County Sheriff's press release, at 2:05 a.m. Sunday, two Grant County deputies spotted a 2012 Chevrolet Malibu being driven erractically on County Town Hwy. H near Alt Rd. outside of Cuba City.
When the deputies tried to initiate a traffic stop, the driver of the vehicle sped up to a speed of over 80 mph.
When the driver reached the intersection of Alt Rd. and St. Rose Rd., he crashed into a patch of trees, causing "substantial damage" to the vehicle.
The driver was arrested on the three counts and his male passenger, also 16, was cited and released for underage drinking.
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- Find of device that looked like military mortar causes scare
- Lawyers for man charged in killing accuse victim's boyfriend
- 3 hospitalized, displaced in near west side fire