MADISON, Wis. - A 15-year-old will stand trial in connection to a brutal sexual assault on Winnebago Street this summer.
Adore Thomas faces nine felony counts as an adult.
A criminal complaint said the woman was running and was approached by Thomas when he grabbed her from behind and slammed her into the ground. She tried to use her pepper spray to stop him, but it didn't work.
A police officer testified about the woman's injuries in court Tuesday.
"She appeared to be in shock. She had a stunned look on her face; she appeared bloody, bruised, cut up. There was swelling around her eyes; so swollen that she almost couldn't see out of them," Madison police officer Nathan Becker said.
When detectives showed photos of the woman to Thomas, a criminal complaint said he was surprised and asked, "I did that?"
It is not clear when Thomas could be back in court. He was assigned a public defender Tuesday.
- Vehicles, building hit by bullets in Fitchburg
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm