MADISON, Wis. - A 15-year-old will stand trial in connection to a brutal sexual assault on Winnebago Street this summer.
Adore Thomas faces nine felony counts as an adult.
A criminal complaint said the woman was running and was approached by Thomas when he grabbed her from behind and slammed her into the ground. She tried to use her pepper spray to stop him, but it didn't work.
A police officer testified about the woman's injuries in court Tuesday.
"She appeared to be in shock. She had a stunned look on her face; she appeared bloody, bruised, cut up. There was swelling around her eyes; so swollen that she almost couldn't see out of them," Madison police officer Nathan Becker said.
When detectives showed photos of the woman to Thomas, a criminal complaint said he was surprised and asked, "I did that?"
It is not clear when Thomas could be back in court. He was assigned a public defender Tuesday.
- Suspected serial thief steals again, police say
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Man scammed out of $4,300 by person claiming to be grandson
- Man stabs girlfriend in neck with scissors, police say
- Fremont woman accused in boyfriend's fatal stabbing is acquitted
- East Towne Mall employee attacked, robbed