MADISON, Wis. - A tip from a citizen led police to take a 15-year-old into custody Tuesday afternoon, according to a news release.
The Madison Police Department said a woman was driving past a home on the 3700 block of School Road at 2:17 p.m. when she saw three teenagers acting suspiciously pushing in a rear window. She called 911. As officers arrived, the suspected burglars ran in different directions.
Madison police spokesman Joel DeSpain said officers caught a 15-year-old Madison boy and took him to the Juvenile Reception Center. Officers found a window screen had been cut.
"Thanks to the quick actions of the passing motorist, nothing was taken from the home," DeSpain said.
The teen was arrested on suspicion of burglary.
- DHS: Wisconsinites hit hard by flu bug this year
- Powerball jackpot hits more than $403 million
- Woman parks in downtown Madison, returns to find car on fire
- Officials: Impaired driver struck multiple cars, arrested for 4th OWI
- Kentucky shooting suspect thought to be headed to Wis. now in custody
- GOP leader Fitzgerald introduces bill to relax well regulations