CAMBRIA, Wis. - The Columbia County sheriff said a 13-year-old girl drowned at the Cambria Public Pool on Saturday.
Life guards were on duty at the pool.
Sheriff Dennis Richards said it's possible a medical condition played a role in the drowning. He said an autopsy is planned.
Richards said first responders were called to the pool just after 2 p.m. Saturday.
Paramedics administered CPR but the girl was pronounced dead at Beaver Dam Hospital.
- Woman accused of stabbing acquaintance turns herself in to police
- Victim tells police man who stabbed him frequently ‘mooches' from him
- Remains of 3 Ohio plane crash victims identified
- 29-year-old man dies from injuries suffered in Beloit fire
- Suspended UW-Madison student wants sex charges dismissed
- Medical center closes while DEA investigates