TOWN OF BROOKLYN, Wis. - A 12-year-old boy from Brooklyn was injured after darting in front of a vehicle on a highway, according to the Green County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to the N7800 block of State Highway 104 in Brooklyn Township at 7:06 p.m. Thursday for a report of a vehicle versus pedestrian crash with injuries.
Investigators said Charles T. Parrish, 77, of Lanark, Ill. was driving south when he saw the boy standing on the east side of the road. Parrish told deputies he slowed slightly before the boy darted into his path. Parrish took evasive action but was unable to avoid striking the boy.
The boy was taken to Stoughton Hospital by private vehicle for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries.
Deputies haven't issued any citations.
- Judge denies motions to dismiss 4 charges against Alec Cook
- Man sentenced in heroin overdose death
- Man charged in fatal shooting of sheriff's deputy
- PD: Man hit in head, robbed during believed stereo equipment sale
- Wisconsin farmers could be affected by late cabinet pick
- MFD: 1 suffers minor injury in rollover crash on John Nolen Drive