TOWN OF BROOKLYN, Wis. - A 12-year-old boy from Brooklyn was injured after darting in front of a vehicle on a highway, according to the Green County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to the N7800 block of State Highway 104 in Brooklyn Township at 7:06 p.m. Thursday for a report of a vehicle versus pedestrian crash with injuries.
Investigators said Charles T. Parrish, 77, of Lanark, Ill. was driving south when he saw the boy standing on the east side of the road. Parrish told deputies he slowed slightly before the boy darted into his path. Parrish took evasive action but was unable to avoid striking the boy.
The boy was taken to Stoughton Hospital by private vehicle for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries.
Deputies haven't issued any citations.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say