WHITEWATER TOWNSHIP, Wis. - An 11-year-old Delavan girl was killed and a 17-year-old girl was critically injured in a crash near Whitewater Wednesday night, according to the Walworth County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies responded to Highway 89 south of Island Road in Whitewater Township at 6:15 p.m. for a report of a single-vehicle crash.
Investigators said a car had left the road and struck a utility pole.
The driver of the car, a 17-year-old female, was able to get out, according to deputies. The other 17-year-old and the 11-year-old were trapped and had to be extricated.
The 17-year-old was flown from the scene.
Highway 89 was closed for three hours during the crash investigation.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says