WHITEWATER TOWNSHIP, Wis. - An 11-year-old Delavan girl was killed and a 17-year-old girl was critically injured in a crash near Whitewater Wednesday night, according to the Walworth County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies responded to Highway 89 south of Island Road in Whitewater Township at 6:15 p.m. for a report of a single-vehicle crash.
Investigators said a car had left the road and struck a utility pole.
The driver of the car, a 17-year-old female, was able to get out, according to deputies. The other 17-year-old and the 11-year-old were trapped and had to be extricated.
The 17-year-old was flown from the scene.
Highway 89 was closed for three hours during the crash investigation.
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- Authorities: Woman fatally shot father and took her own life
- Syrian man who sued Trump brings family to US
- DATCP warns of resurgence of fake IRS calls
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 Janesville motorcyclists
- Man accused in deadly wrong-way I-94 wreck not competent, judge says