WHITEWATER TOWNSHIP, Wis. - An 11-year-old Delavan girl was killed and a 17-year-old girl was critically injured in a crash near Whitewater Wednesday night, according to the Walworth County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies responded to Highway 89 south of Island Road in Whitewater Township at 6:15 p.m. for a report of a single-vehicle crash.
Investigators said a car had left the road and struck a utility pole.
The driver of the car, a 17-year-old female, was able to get out, according to deputies. The other 17-year-old and the 11-year-old were trapped and had to be extricated.
The 17-year-old was flown from the scene.
Highway 89 was closed for three hours during the crash investigation.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land