MANITOWOC, Wis. - Eleven people from three eastern Wisconsin counties have been indicted for drug trafficking and firearms offenses.
Authorities said they seized about 70 pounds of high-grade marijuana with a street value of more than $225,000 from a vehicle in western Wisconsin occupied by two of the defendants.
U.S. Attorney James Santelle said agents also seized 11 guns and more than $200,000 in cash while executing search warrants in Manitowoc, Sheboygan, Calumet and Milwaukee counties.
The Manitowoc County Metro Drug Unit led the investigation. Lt. Dave Remiker said the drugs were to be distributed in Manitowoc and surrounding counties.
WOMT radio reports the men and women indicted are from Manitowoc, Sheboygan and Calumet counties.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart