MANITOWOC, Wis. - Eleven people from three eastern Wisconsin counties have been indicted for drug trafficking and firearms offenses.
Authorities said they seized about 70 pounds of high-grade marijuana with a street value of more than $225,000 from a vehicle in western Wisconsin occupied by two of the defendants.
U.S. Attorney James Santelle said agents also seized 11 guns and more than $200,000 in cash while executing search warrants in Manitowoc, Sheboygan, Calumet and Milwaukee counties.
The Manitowoc County Metro Drug Unit led the investigation. Lt. Dave Remiker said the drugs were to be distributed in Manitowoc and surrounding counties.
WOMT radio reports the men and women indicted are from Manitowoc, Sheboygan and Calumet counties.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire