ALLOUEZ, Wis. - More than 100 people have been displaced by an apartment fire in the Green Bay area.
Fire crews remained on the scene of the fire in Allouez early Friday morning. The Red Cross set up an emergency shelter at Langlade Elementary School. The Red Cross says most of the displaced residents stayed with family. A handful of people stayed at the school.
Fire Lt. Nick Craig told WLUK-TV the fire Thursday started in the basement at Hilltop Place Apartments and spread throughout the building and into the attic.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs