ALLOUEZ, Wis. - More than 100 people have been displaced by an apartment fire in the Green Bay area.
Fire crews remained on the scene of the fire in Allouez early Friday morning. The Red Cross set up an emergency shelter at Langlade Elementary School. The Red Cross says most of the displaced residents stayed with family. A handful of people stayed at the school.
Fire Lt. Nick Craig told WLUK-TV the fire Thursday started in the basement at Hilltop Place Apartments and spread throughout the building and into the attic.
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash