LOMIRA, Wis. - Ten homes were evacuated Tuesday for a gas leak in the village of Lomira, according to a release.
Around 12:30 p.m., Dodge County officials were notified by Alliant Energy of a gas leak at 1025 N. Water St., officials said. As a precaution, 10 homes were evacuated and residents were sent to the Lomira Community Center.
Alliant Energy shut off the gas by 2:15 p.m., and fire department crews escorted residents back to their homes to check gas levels, according to the release. All residents have been allowed back into their homes.
Lomira Fire Department and Fire Responders were assisted by the Lomira Police Department, Knowles Fire Department and Dodge County Emergency Management.
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Stoughton man faces felony 7th OWI
- Highway 151 reopens near Blue Mounds after semi vs. car crash
- Police: Family member found elderly woman dead in garage with head wound