MADISON, Wis. - Highway 73 will be closed Tuesday to through traffic for a construction project that is expected to go through November, according to a Wisconsin Department of Transportation release.
Highway 73 from Interstate 39/90 to Highway 12/18 near Deerfield will be closed starting on Tuesday, officials said. During the project Highway 73 is closed to through traffic.
The $10.4 million project will require through drivers to use a signed detour route using Interstate 39/90 and Highway 12, according to the release.
The Highway 73 and Highway 106 intersection just north of the interstate will be reconstructed first and will be opened to traffic by early June, officials said. All lane restrictions and work operations are dependent on weather.
The construction project will improve roadway issues including poor pavement conditions, drainage issues, substandard vertical and horizontal alignment and intersection safety, according to the release.
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say
- Local musician, drum instructor charged with possession of child porn