MADISON, Wis. - One teenager was injured and five were arrested in two separate fights at LaFollette High School Tuesday afternoon, according to a release.
Three teenage girls got into a verbal confrontation during a lunch period Tuesday around 12:45 p.m. that escalated into a physical fight outside the school, officials said.
As school officials and the Educational Resource Officer were dealing with the fight, they heard there was another fight between three teenage boys in another part of the school, according to the release.
Additional officers responded to the school, and several teenagers were arrested, officials said.
The three girls were arrested for disorderly conduct and released to their parents, according to the release. Two 16-year-old boys were arrested in connection to the second fight; one for substantial battery, the other for disorderly conduct. A 15-year-old boy that was taken to a local hospital for treatment has been released.Madison crime map
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire