MADISON, Wis. - One teenager was injured and five were arrested in two separate fights at LaFollette High School Tuesday afternoon, according to a release.
Three teenage girls got into a verbal confrontation during a lunch period Tuesday around 12:45 p.m. that escalated into a physical fight outside the school, officials said.
As school officials and the Educational Resource Officer were dealing with the fight, they heard there was another fight between three teenage boys in another part of the school, according to the release.
Additional officers responded to the school, and several teenagers were arrested, officials said.
The three girls were arrested for disorderly conduct and released to their parents, according to the release. Two 16-year-old boys were arrested in connection to the second fight; one for substantial battery, the other for disorderly conduct. A 15-year-old boy that was taken to a local hospital for treatment has been released.Madison crime map
- Community supports boy fighting for his life
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program