BEAVER DAM, Wis. - One person faces life-threatening injuries and another was injured in two-vehicle crash on Highway 33 at Sunset Drive Saturday morning, according to a release.
Officials said crews responded to Highway 33 eastbound at Sunset Drive around 11:55 a.m. near Beaver Dam for reports of a two-vehicle crash.
Investigators said a 2003 Dodge Caravan was eastbound on Highway 33 when the vehicle hit the gravel shoulder. The driver, Wesley A. Hardy, 32, overcorrected, causing the vehicle to spin 180 degrees and enter the westbound lane of traffic.
A 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee, being driven by Bryan P. Webber, 27, was westbound on Highway 33 and hit the Dodge as it entered the westbound lane, officials said. The Dodge stopped in the right ditch and the Jeep stopped in the westbound lane of traffic.
Hardy was transported by Flight for Life to Summit Aurora Medical Center with life-threatening injuries, officials said. Webber was treated at the scene and released.
The crash is still under investigation.
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs
- Warmer weather creates bumpy ride for drivers
- 3 teens arrested in connection to several vandalism cases
- UW-Whitewater lowers flag for student killed in crash