MOUNT PLEASANT, Wis. - Police in Racine County are investigating the cause of an early-morning house fire that killed one person.
A WISN-TV report stated firefighters were called to the Mount Pleasant home Tuesday about 12:30 a.m. They arrived to find flames and heavy smoke pouring out of the house.
It took firefighters 15 minutes to reach the lone person who was inside the home. The person was declared dead at the scene.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns