MOUNT PLEASANT, Wis. - Police in Racine County are investigating the cause of an early-morning house fire that killed one person.
A WISN-TV report stated firefighters were called to the Mount Pleasant home Tuesday about 12:30 a.m. They arrived to find flames and heavy smoke pouring out of the house.
It took firefighters 15 minutes to reach the lone person who was inside the home. The person was declared dead at the scene.
- Adams County officials hope public can ID burglars in surveillance video
- UWM instructor hopes students can push for change
- Fire crews ventilate parking garage fire in unique way
- UW-Madison athletics employee fired
- Mom, daughter face charges when 16 horses found with moldy hay, no water
- Dane County plans to buy land to make Capital City State Trail safer