COON VALLEY, Wis. - Authorities said one person has died in a mobile home fire in Vernon County.
Sheriff's officials said 76-year-old George Faber was killed Monday when the blaze swept his home in Coon Valley, a small village about 10 miles southeast of La Crosse.
Lt. Scott Bjerkos told WXOW-TV investigators are focusing on an electrical heater as a possible source of the fire.
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Police questioning suspect in Middleton homicide
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two