COON VALLEY, Wis. - Authorities said one person has died in a mobile home fire in Vernon County.
Sheriff's officials said 76-year-old George Faber was killed Monday when the blaze swept his home in Coon Valley, a small village about 10 miles southeast of La Crosse.
Lt. Scott Bjerkos told WXOW-TV investigators are focusing on an electrical heater as a possible source of the fire.
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Man scammed out of $4,300 by person claiming to be grandson
- Man stabs girlfriend in neck with scissors, police say
- Fremont woman accused in boyfriend's fatal stabbing is acquitted
- East Towne Mall employee attacked, robbed
- Woman arrested, suspected of abducting her kids