COON VALLEY, Wis. - Authorities said one person has died in a mobile home fire in Vernon County.
Sheriff's officials said 76-year-old George Faber was killed Monday when the blaze swept his home in Coon Valley, a small village about 10 miles southeast of La Crosse.
Lt. Scott Bjerkos told WXOW-TV investigators are focusing on an electrical heater as a possible source of the fire.
- Glass packaging flaw prompts beer recall
- Winter weather could slow Wednesday commute
- $1M lottery ticket sold in Madison expires soon
- Men to be without safe, sober home with no live-in manager
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- Multiple reports of gunshots heard in Madison Sunday night