MILWAUKEE - One of five men charged in the gang killing of a Milwaukee rap artist has been convicted.
A jury found 19-year-old Ashanti Mcalister guilty Thursday of first-degree intentional homicide in the death of 22-year-old Evon Young, who was known as Yung LT.
Young disappeared New Year's Day. Police believe Mcalister and four others killed Young and disposed of him in a trash bin, but his body was never found.
According to testimony, Mcalister delivered three shots to Young's lifeless body after he was suffocated and strangled in the basement of his own home.
Sentencing is set for Aug. 12.
Two other defendants testified against Mcalister as part of a plea deal. A jury deadlocked in another defendant's trial earlier this month. A new trial has been scheduled for September.
- State at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- 15-year-old girl shot with BB gun at Elver Park
- Missing girl found in Fort Atkinson man's home; man faces federal kidnapping charges
- 2 seen fleeing scene of gunfire, crash, police say
- Prosecutor: Deputy was justified in shooting
- Man beaten, robbed outside apartment, police say