MILWAUKEE - One of five men charged in the gang killing of a Milwaukee rap artist has been convicted.
A jury found 19-year-old Ashanti Mcalister guilty Thursday of first-degree intentional homicide in the death of 22-year-old Evon Young, who was known as Yung LT.
Young disappeared New Year's Day. Police believe Mcalister and four others killed Young and disposed of him in a trash bin, but his body was never found.
According to testimony, Mcalister delivered three shots to Young's lifeless body after he was suffocated and strangled in the basement of his own home.
Sentencing is set for Aug. 12.
Two other defendants testified against Mcalister as part of a plea deal. A jury deadlocked in another defendant's trial earlier this month. A new trial has been scheduled for September.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says