MILWAUKEE - One of five men charged in the gang killing of a Milwaukee rap artist has been convicted.
A jury found 19-year-old Ashanti Mcalister guilty Thursday of first-degree intentional homicide in the death of 22-year-old Evon Young, who was known as Yung LT.
Young disappeared New Year's Day. Police believe Mcalister and four others killed Young and disposed of him in a trash bin, but his body was never found.
According to testimony, Mcalister delivered three shots to Young's lifeless body after he was suffocated and strangled in the basement of his own home.
Sentencing is set for Aug. 12.
Two other defendants testified against Mcalister as part of a plea deal. A jury deadlocked in another defendant's trial earlier this month. A new trial has been scheduled for September.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry