MILWAUKEE - One of five men charged in the gang killing of a Milwaukee rap artist has been convicted.
A jury found 19-year-old Ashanti Mcalister guilty Thursday of first-degree intentional homicide in the death of 22-year-old Evon Young, who was known as Yung LT.
Young disappeared New Year's Day. Police believe Mcalister and four others killed Young and disposed of him in a trash bin, but his body was never found.
According to testimony, Mcalister delivered three shots to Young's lifeless body after he was suffocated and strangled in the basement of his own home.
Sentencing is set for Aug. 12.
Two other defendants testified against Mcalister as part of a plea deal. A jury deadlocked in another defendant's trial earlier this month. A new trial has been scheduled for September.
- Police arrest suspected heroin dealers, seize 3 guns, $28K cash
- Russian officials: We're not counting on Trump to lift sanctions
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- UW-Madison athletics employee fired
- 20-year-old UW-Whitewater student dies of brain injury
- Republican lawmakers differ on state superintendent race