PLOVER, Wis. - One person is dead after fire destroyed a mobile home in Plover.
Authorities say a passer-by called the fire department just after 7 a.m. Friday after seeing smoke as he was driving past the Birch Estates mobile home park.
The passer-by also knocked on doors in the mobile home park, alerting neighbors to the fire.
He couldn't get into the home that was on fire because of the heat and smoke.
Firefighters arrived to find the home engulfed in flames.
The victim's body was discovered around 8:30 a.m. Authorities are not releasing the name of the victim yet.
An officer on the scene tells WAOW-TV the Portage County sheriff's office and the Plover Fire Department are investigating.
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need