PLOVER, Wis. - One person is dead after fire destroyed a mobile home in Plover.
Authorities say a passer-by called the fire department just after 7 a.m. Friday after seeing smoke as he was driving past the Birch Estates mobile home park.
The passer-by also knocked on doors in the mobile home park, alerting neighbors to the fire.
He couldn't get into the home that was on fire because of the heat and smoke.
Firefighters arrived to find the home engulfed in flames.
The victim's body was discovered around 8:30 a.m. Authorities are not releasing the name of the victim yet.
An officer on the scene tells WAOW-TV the Portage County sheriff's office and the Plover Fire Department are investigating.
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Stoughton man faces felony 7th OWI
- Highway 151 closed near Blue Mounds due to semi vs. car crash
- Police, medical examiner respond to suspicious death
- Construction continues on Capitol Square; new traffic pattern starts May 1