LOWELL, Wis. - The driver of a sport utility vehicle was killed in a head-on crash with a straight truck Tuesday morning in Dodge County.
The Wisconsin State Patrol said the crash occurred just before 11 a.m. on state Highway 16/60 west of county Highway K near Lowell.
A Toyota RAV4 was traveling west on state Highway 16/60 when it appears the SUV was operating left of center on a solid painted yellow line for westbound traffic and struck head-on an eastbound straight truck that was cresting a hill, according to a State Patrol news release.
The SUV driver, Charles Norman Long, 65, of Reeseville, was killed in the crash.
The driver of the truck, a 62-year-old Madison man, was taken to the University of Wisconsin Hospital in Madison for injuries that weren't considered life-threatening.
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees