MENOMONIE, Wis. - Dunn County authorities said slippery roads in western Wisconsin are suspected in a three-vehicle crash that killed one person and put another in the hospital.
The crash happened around 1 p.m. Sunday on State Highway 64 near Boyceville, north of Menomonie.
The sheriff's office said in a statement that the initial investigation indicated an eastbound car sideswiped a westbound pickup truck. That crash caused the car to slide into the path of a second oncoming pickup, which struck the car on the passenger side, killing the passenger on impact.
The driver of the car was taken to an Eau Claire hospital. The severity of his injuries was not immediately known.
Names of the victims were not immediately released.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry