MENOMONIE, Wis. - Dunn County authorities said slippery roads in western Wisconsin are suspected in a three-vehicle crash that killed one person and put another in the hospital.
The crash happened around 1 p.m. Sunday on State Highway 64 near Boyceville, north of Menomonie.
The sheriff's office said in a statement that the initial investigation indicated an eastbound car sideswiped a westbound pickup truck. That crash caused the car to slide into the path of a second oncoming pickup, which struck the car on the passenger side, killing the passenger on impact.
The driver of the car was taken to an Eau Claire hospital. The severity of his injuries was not immediately known.
Names of the victims were not immediately released.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say