DODGEVILLE, Wis. - An Illinois man was killed and his passenger flown to UW Hospital after a crash in Iowa County Wednesday morning.
Deputies were called to State Road 23 and County Road C at 11:34 a.m. for a report of a crash.
Investigators said an SUV driven by Adam Villanueva, 19, of Glendale Heights, Illinois, made a U-turn at the intersection and turned into the path of a semitrailer. The SUV was struck broadside in the collision.
Villanueva was pronounced dead at the scene. His passenger, Karen M. Martinez, 19, of Glendale Heights, was taken by Med Flight to UW Hospital in Madison.
The driver of the semi did not seek treatment.
All three were wearing seat belts at the time of the crash.
The Wisconsin State Patrol,. Spring Green Fire Department and EMS, Iowa County Department of Transportation and Med Flight assisted at the scene.
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Suspect in custody in Middleton homicide
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two
- Two seriously injured in pickup vs. semi crash