MADISON, Wis. - One person has died and four others have been injured in an apartment fire in New Holstein.
New Holstein police say the woman who died, 42-year-old Nicole Masucci, never made it out of the building.
Four other victims were treated at a hospital and released.
Fire officials said the blaze started in a kitchen area of the two-story building Friday. Authorities said the building was originally a bar and boarding house before it was converted to apartments.
WLUK-TV reported there's no initial word on how the fire started or the conditions of the injured.
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday
- Dane County to acquire 130 acres along Yahara River
- 4 juveniles suspected of damaging maliboxes in rural Portage, Pardeeville areas
- 2 on moped injured in downtown Madison crash, officials say
- Baldwin encourages U.S. Dept. of Ag secretary to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers