MADISON, Wis. - One person has died and four others have been injured in an apartment fire in New Holstein.
New Holstein police say the woman who died, 42-year-old Nicole Masucci, never made it out of the building.
Four other victims were treated at a hospital and released.
Fire officials said the blaze started in a kitchen area of the two-story building Friday. Authorities said the building was originally a bar and boarding house before it was converted to apartments.
WLUK-TV reported there's no initial word on how the fire started or the conditions of the injured.
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral