MADISON, Wis. - One person has died and four others have been injured in an apartment fire in New Holstein.
New Holstein police say the woman who died, 42-year-old Nicole Masucci, never made it out of the building.
Four other victims were treated at a hospital and released.
Fire officials said the blaze started in a kitchen area of the two-story building Friday. Authorities said the building was originally a bar and boarding house before it was converted to apartments.
WLUK-TV reported there's no initial word on how the fire started or the conditions of the injured.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes