MADISON, Wis. - One person has died and four others have been injured in an apartment fire in New Holstein.
New Holstein police say the woman who died, 42-year-old Nicole Masucci, never made it out of the building.
Four other victims were treated at a hospital and released.
Fire officials said the blaze started in a kitchen area of the two-story building Friday. Authorities said the building was originally a bar and boarding house before it was converted to apartments.
WLUK-TV reported there's no initial word on how the fire started or the conditions of the injured.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry