RACINE, Wis. - One person has died and two others are injured after separate skydiving accidents in southern Wisconsin.
Racine County sheriff's officials say Fredrick Platt Jr., 44, of Racine, died Sunday afternoon at Sylvania Airport.
Sheriff's Lt. Steve Sikora says preliminary investigations indicate Platt's parachute became entangled with another skydiver's canopy. Sikora told The Journal Times that Platt plunged to a road. The other skydiver fell into some trees and sustained non-life-threatening injuries.
In another incident, a female skydiver was injured Sunday when she landed in a cornfield about a mile from her intended landing area at the Fort Atkinson Municipal Airport in Jefferson County. She was taken by air to University Hospital in Madison.
The Jefferson Fire Department said the woman is an experienced skydiver who is associated with the Wisconsin Skydiver Center. The woman was not identified.
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Driver of car going 107 mph suspected of drug use, deputies say
- Car reported missing discovered crashed into condo, police say
- Driver who nearly strikes state patrol car charged with 4th OWI, trooper says
- Man pulls gun during road rage incident, police say