MINOCQUA, Wis. - The Wisconsin State Patrol says one person was killed and 14 others hurt when two vehicles and a small bus crashed north of Minocqua.
Lt. Steve Krueger says a 64-year-old Minocqua woman died in the crash Thursday with a bus carrying 13 passengers from the Beloit area.
Krueger says two cars traveling northbound on U.S. Highway 51 collided, pushing the one driven by the Minocqua woman into the path of the bus.
The bus was carrying people ages 40 to 85. All were taken to a Woodruff hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. It's unknown why the travelers were in northern Wisconsin.
WAOW-TV reports Highway 51 was temporarily closed following the collision.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land