MINOCQUA, Wis. - The Wisconsin State Patrol says one person was killed and 14 others hurt when two vehicles and a small bus crashed north of Minocqua.
Lt. Steve Krueger says a 64-year-old Minocqua woman died in the crash Thursday with a bus carrying 13 passengers from the Beloit area.
Krueger says two cars traveling northbound on U.S. Highway 51 collided, pushing the one driven by the Minocqua woman into the path of the bus.
The bus was carrying people ages 40 to 85. All were taken to a Woodruff hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. It's unknown why the travelers were in northern Wisconsin.
WAOW-TV reports Highway 51 was temporarily closed following the collision.
- Police questioning suspect in Middleton homicide
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two