HAZEL GREEN, Wis. - One person was injured Tuesday in a rear-end crash that investigators believe was caused by inattentive driving, Grant County sheriff's deputies said.
Deputies responded around 5:25 p.m. to a two-vehicle crash at the intersection of highways 80 and 11, according to a release.
Joel A. Groom, 32, of Benton, was driving his 1992 Dodge Dakota south on Highway 80 when he slowed down to turn east onto Highway 11, officials said. Colton L. Knautz, 18, of Hazel Green, was also driving south on Highway 80 but did not see Groom's vehicle.
Knautz's vehicle rear-ended Groom's vehicle at the intersection, according to the release. Both vehicles sustained heavy damage.
Groom was taken to Southwest Health Care in Platteville for treatment of injuries, officials said. Knautz was not injured.
Knautz will be cited for inattentive driving, according to the release.
- Uniforms coming to Milwaukee schools
- Messy weather closes schools in southern Wisconsin
- Possible homicide charges for teen driver after man killed in crash
- Man credits Mental Health First Aid for saving co-worker's life
- Adams County woman missing 10 days found safe
- Attorney: Robinson settlement a calculated decision by city's insurer