HAZEL GREEN, Wis. - One person was injured Tuesday in a rear-end crash that investigators believe was caused by inattentive driving, Grant County sheriff's deputies said.
Deputies responded around 5:25 p.m. to a two-vehicle crash at the intersection of highways 80 and 11, according to a release.
Joel A. Groom, 32, of Benton, was driving his 1992 Dodge Dakota south on Highway 80 when he slowed down to turn east onto Highway 11, officials said. Colton L. Knautz, 18, of Hazel Green, was also driving south on Highway 80 but did not see Groom's vehicle.
Knautz's vehicle rear-ended Groom's vehicle at the intersection, according to the release. Both vehicles sustained heavy damage.
Groom was taken to Southwest Health Care in Platteville for treatment of injuries, officials said. Knautz was not injured.
Knautz will be cited for inattentive driving, according to the release.
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Driver of car going 107 mph suspected of drug use, deputies say
- Car reported missing discovered crashed into condo, police say
- Driver who nearly strikes state patrol car charged with 4th OWI, trooper says
- Man pulls gun during road rage incident, police say