MADISON, Wis. - A 31-year-old Madison man was injured during a shooting on Madison's near east side early Sunday morning, police said.
Madison police were dispatched to the 700 block of East Washington Avenue for reports of shots being fired, officials said.
Investigators said shots were exchanged between people who were in the parking lot adjacent to 701 E. Washington Ave. around 1 a.m.
Police found empty casings at the scene, and were later notified of a person at a local emergency room with a gunshot wound, according to a release. The man sustained one gunshot wound to the lower extremities that is not believed to be life-threatening.
Police said they are looking for three people possibly involved, but they did not release descriptions of possible suspects at this time. They ask anyone with information on the incident to call Madison Area Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014.Madison crime map
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement