MILWAUKEE - Police say one person was injured in an early-morning shooting Sunday at a Milwaukee casino.
Milwaukee Police Sgt. Mark Stanmeyer said a 23-year-old woman was shot in the leg at about 1:30 a.m. Sunday at the Potawatomi Bingo Casino. The Milwaukee woman's injuries were not life-threatening.
Stanmeyer said a 27-year-old man from Wauwatosa was arrested at the casino. No charges have been filed. He did not disclose either person's name.
The casino said in a statement that it closed temporarily after the shooting, but reopened at 9 a.m. Sunday.
Cheryl Anderson of Milwaukee told The Associated Press she was at the slot machines when she heard a shot, which she says was fired near the table games.
Anderson says people started running and screaming.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says