MILWAUKEE - Police say one person was injured in an early-morning shooting Sunday at a Milwaukee casino.
Milwaukee Police Sgt. Mark Stanmeyer said a 23-year-old woman was shot in the leg at about 1:30 a.m. Sunday at the Potawatomi Bingo Casino. The Milwaukee woman's injuries were not life-threatening.
Stanmeyer said a 27-year-old man from Wauwatosa was arrested at the casino. No charges have been filed. He did not disclose either person's name.
The casino said in a statement that it closed temporarily after the shooting, but reopened at 9 a.m. Sunday.
Cheryl Anderson of Milwaukee told The Associated Press she was at the slot machines when she heard a shot, which she says was fired near the table games.
Anderson says people started running and screaming.
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral