MADISON, Wis. - A driver suffered non-life-threatening injuries in a three-vehicle crash Tuesday afternoon on Verona Road, according to a release.
Police said three vehicles in the northbound lanes of Verona Road near Atticus Way were involved in the crash around 1:35 p.m.
A semitrailer was stopped in traffic with a van stopped behind it, investigators said. A second semitrailer rear-ended the van and pushed it into the first semitrailer.
The driver of the van was pinned inside the vehicle and had to be extricated, according to the release.
Northbound lanes of Verona Road were closed just south of the Beltline for two hours, causing traffic to back up and be diverted.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says