MADISON, Wis. - One person was injured and another was arrested early Sunday morning in an incident at a near east side bar that ended with a broken window and a foot chase, police said.
Devon M. Ernest, 27, of Madison, was kicked out of the Ideal Bar at 1968 Atwood Ave. around 1:20 a.m., according to the release. Shortly after that, Ernest allegedly smashed the bar's window from the outside.
Glass from the broken window went flying everywhere and injured a 41-year-old patron, police said. The 41-year-old ended up with a cut on his head that needed multiple stitches.
Another patron went after Ernest, and during the chase Ernest slipped on some ice and fell, according to the release. The patron chasing Ernest was able to hold him down until police arrived.
Ernest was arrested on tentative charges of substantial battery, disorderly conduct and criminal damage to property.Madison crime map
- 29-year-old man dies from injuries suffered in Beloit fire
- Suspended UW-Madison student wants sex charges dismissed
- Medical center closes while DEA investigates
- UWM instructor hopes students can find solution to lead problem
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash
- Assembly Republicans plan to add $300 million for roads