WAUPACA, Wis. - Authorities in Waupaca County say a boat that was being towed by a truck flipped over, causing one person to die of serious head injuries.
The sheriff's department says two people were riding in the boat Saturday afternoon. It was on a trailer that was being towed by a pickup truck.
At some point the boat flipped over, ejecting both people. One person died at the scene, and the other was unhurt.
The driver of the pickup truck was arrested on tentative charges of driving while intoxicated.
Authorities haven't released the victim's name.
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need