WAUPACA, Wis. - Authorities in Waupaca County say a boat that was being towed by a truck flipped over, causing one person to die of serious head injuries.
The sheriff's department says two people were riding in the boat Saturday afternoon. It was on a trailer that was being towed by a pickup truck.
At some point the boat flipped over, ejecting both people. One person died at the scene, and the other was unhurt.
The driver of the pickup truck was arrested on tentative charges of driving while intoxicated.
Authorities haven't released the victim's name.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns